Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Today is the day we set aside to remember what we are thankful for... a few hours before running up our credit card balances on getting a whole bunch of other stuff. I will not be in that crowd, FYI, though my poor brother and boyfriend are stuck manning the walmart for the crazed black Friday/Gray Thursday crowds.
This list is in no particular order. Some things are little, something are big. I'm thankful for all of them.
1. The saving grace of Jesus Christ who has set me free from sin and death
2. My Family and my friends (who are like my family). Also my wonderful boyfriend Travis who does things like send me flowers just to brighten my day and help me do my thanksgiving baking.
3. My job and my work family. Through the craziest of days, the people that I work with are FANTASTIC and I am proud to be part of Seaford Middle School.
4. My mom. It was not long ago that we didn't think she would be here now. God has definitely shown his power and his grace in her life.
5. My home. Living with my parents can be stressful at time but I am so grateful that I am able to have a wonderful home with people I love.
6. The fourteen years we had with Fonzie. Though it was terrible to lose him this past summer, having him for fourteen years was amazing. He gave us ten times more than we ever gave him.
7. Coffee. Yes, coffee deserves a separate mention because it is important to my life.
8. The food that I eat, the healthy and the not so much.
9. My church. I cannot imagine life without my church family. They have loved and supported me for my entire life.
10. My health. I could stand to lose a few but overall I am healthy and happy.
11. My freedom. There are many young men and women who are not with their families this thanksgiving. Some are out in the heat of the dessert or the cold of the storm, fighting for my freedom. I am beyond thankful for them.
12. This beautiful earth. From the flowers that come from the ground to the orange and golden leaves, it is beautiful.
I have so much more that I could and should say but that would take forever. For now, this list shall suffice as I am preparing to spend Thanksgiving surrounded by my amazing family.
Love and Blessings always,